Rejected One Liners

What would Hollywood be without those ever-so-clever one liners that forever stick in minds - such phrases as:
  • "Make my day"
  • "I'll be back"
  • "Kiss my Grits"
  • "Yippe Cay Yah, M....."
Well, for every successful one liner, there are many, many also-rans - those quips that simply didn't make the grade. We searched through our extensive archives to find some of the one liners that got rejected along the way:
  • From Prometheus - after the impromptu self C-section "Now that's what I call family planning!"

How to get "a Head" in Alien hunting... 
  • From Last of the Mohicans - "Hey Hawkeye, those white chicks are High Maintenance."
  • From Titanic "Can I get my ticket Refunded?" and "Hey, don't be too critical everything shrinks in near-freezing water."
  • From the Terminator - "Follow me if you want to find a really great bargain at Target."
  • From 300 - "Why did we leave all of our clothes back in Sparta, it's freakin' cold out here?"
  • From Argo - "The Ayatollah don't like Pepsi Cola." 
  • From Skyfall - "Q, where's my Ipad?"

 The most depressing Bond song ever - we just want to cry...
  • From Looper - "This is how our self-employment gets terminated."
  • From Total Recall (the remake) - "My wife looks great in her underworld."
  • From Blade Runner - "All these memories will vanish like Prince after Purple rain."
  • From Gladiator - "Unleash much unpleasantness." 

Why farmers shouldn't make movies 
  • From the Unforgiven - "Hey Clint, why did you shoot that empty chair?"
  • From Twilight (pick any) - "It's called Vampire Psoriasis, not sparkly skin."
  • From The Godfather - "Fredo, why are you wearing Strawberry lip gloss?"
  • From Contact: "I can't believe they called collect."
  • From Silence of the Lambs - "I have binders full of women in my files Clarisse, binders full..."
  • From Frankenstein - "Heineken good, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition good..."
  • From Independence Day - "We know our virus will work, the mothership is running Windows 95."

The "Sweded" version of Independence Day...
  • From Godzilla - "He was hatched at Fukishima just last year..."
  • From Hamlet - "To be or not to be - is that a rhetorical question, cause I'm just not getting it Yorick, and BTW did you go a diet?"
  • From Soylent Green - "Those weren't made by Keebler Elves, they are Keebler Elves!"
  • From Planet of the Apes - "Get your hands on me, you damn sexy ape."
  • From Miami Vice (the movie) - "Why are we even doing this without Phil Collins?"
  • From  The Wizard of Oz - "Dorothy, let's play Twister, let's play Risk"
  • From The Poseidon Adventure - "How did Shamu get on this boat anyway?"
  • From the Marathon Man - "You haven't been flossing, have you?"
  • From Midnight Cowboy - "Hey, I'm washing there - that's my machine."
  • From ET - "ET, texting home, LoL #earth sucks"
  • From the Dark Knight Rises - "I'm Scatman, Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop." 
  • From the Mary Poppins - "Yes, children I'm getting high, but please don't follow my example."
  • From Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid - "I think we should reconsider Gun  Control."
  • From AI - "I'm David, not that Nazi android freak from Prometheus."
  • From The Bridge on the River Kwai - "I'm never riding the subway again."
  • From 1984 - "Now this is what I'd call Big Government."
  • From the Shining - "Bedbugs, Bedbugs, Bedbugs."
  • From Logan's Run - "What a drag it is getting old."
  • From Bonnie & Clyde  - "Hey, you missed a spot."
  • From Avatar - "It's clean coal and natural gas - it's good for your environment."
  • From Rambo, First Blood - "All wanted was a slushy, a hot dog and some nachos, why did they have to push me."