|For the cast of the Brady Bunch, it was all downhill after the show was cancelled.|
During the 1970's though, the Bradys seemed normal. While the Bradys' had their issues, those problems were always resolved by the end of each episode. The Bradys presented a somewhat narrow view of the world though, for example:
- There were no major characters from any minority, in fact you'd think minorities didn't exist if you watched it.
- Mrs. Brady was a stay at home mom who never once thought of having a career.
- The excuse for the family merger is murky, although Mr. Brady is a widower, no mention is made of Mrs. Brady's mysterious divorce. It's assumed she got all the kids in the settlement but apparently she doesn't get alimony.
- Nobody drinks on the Brady Bunch, despite their last name being Brady - except for Sam, the sometimes boy-toy for Alice the housekeeper.
- The Bradys' never faced any real trauma or setbacks, besides their vacations anyway.
- The Bradys' didn't seem to have any opinions about anything outside their own personal lives.
Top 10 Episode Titles:
- Marcia Gets Creamed - We didn't make these up
- The Great Earring Caper - Kleptos on the cast? We'll have to refer to Marcia's or Jan's books
- Getting Davy Jones - Odds are Marcia really got him, but we haven't read the tell-all book yet.
- Coming Out Party - way before it became popular...
- The Babysitters - Did this inspire the John Leguizamo film?
- The Big Sprain - Before Sports medicine was cool...
- Every Boy Does It Once - We don't want to know
- The Teeter Totter Caper - we forgot about this one
- Katchoo - One of several episodes dedicated to healthcare issues
- Eenie, Meenie, Mommy, Daddy - A show, about nothing
Top (real-life) Brady Scandals:
- Mike Brady is gay (dies of AIDS)
- Mrs. Brady hooks up with Greg
- Greg hooks up with Marcia
- Marcia apparently hooks up with everyone, including Michael Jackson and Steve Martin.
- Jan and Marsha hook up (maybe)
- Greg and Jan hook up
- Peter is gay (maybe)
- Multiple substance abuse issues
- Several failed spin offs
- Mrs. Brady has an affair with the Mayor of New York
Top 10 Brady Quotes:
- Greg: Remember Dad, we're talking man-to-man, not kid-to-man man-to-man, but man-to-man, man-to-man.
- Jan: Well, all I hear all day long at school is how great Marcia is at this how wonderful Marcia did that. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!
- Carol: [to Cindy] You shouldn't put down a loser, Cindy, because you might be one yourself someday. Just remember that.
- Greg: It's sure great how some people can sing while other people are dying!
- Alice: [to the deliveryman] You keep calling me sweetie, gorgeous & beautiful, and I'll follow you anywhere!
- Greg: [Greg then sits at his desk imitating Marcia writing in her diary] "Dear diary, at last I met him, my dream man. It was at the delicatessen and our fingers tingled as we reached for the same potato salad."
- Cindy: A star can't go on television, all fat and broken out.
- Marcia: Something suddenly came up.
- Carol: Cindy thought there are real butterflies in my stomach. What an idiot!
Top 3 Brady Hits:
Of course, someone had the bright idea to try to have the Bradys compete with the Partridge family. The following Brady hits were the fascinating result:
- Sunshine Day - no comment
- Keep on Moving - no comment
- Brady Bunch Variety Hour: Disco Medley - to be honest we never even knew that the Bradys' had their own variety hour. That's probably a good thing...
Disco and the Bradys - the perfect match
Copyright 2012 - Raving Reviews - All Rights Reserved