That California Sound

I had the great fortune to spend some time in Northern California this Summer. I've got all my favorite places there; Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Muir Woods and Sausalito among others. There is literally nothing like driving up the Pacific Coast highway on a sunny day (on foggy days it's not quite the same). Sometimes words don't do a place justice and then of course we have to turn to music to help capture the experience.

What is the sound of California? Is it the sound of the ocean, the sound of a perpetually sunny clime and clear skies, the sound of a culture that has helped define Western culture for the rest of the world? Or is it the way we feel when we're in California. I tend to think it may be the latter.


A view from this Summer's trip to Northern California, near Monterey - BTW: this isn't far from where they filmed the cliff scenes for both versions of the PBS series "Cosmos."

Naturally, I had to produce a playlist to capture that feeling - it's called "California Dreaming" and its on Spotify. I played it while I was there and now I can play it again and think about where I was while listening to it on my adventure. Hope you enjoy it.



* California Stars is on the soundtrack of a great, yet underrated 
Michael Douglas flick, "King of California"


Copyright 2014, Raving Reviews

#RavingReviews
#StephenLahanas